I hate just popping in to throw some links your way and then go silent the rest of the week, but goodness, the last couple of weeks have been a doozy! I’m an events manager at a regional business publication and October is my busiest month of the year as we get ready for our annual business expo, which happened on Wednesday. There were plenty of early mornings and late nights at the office, leaving me just enough time to get home in the evening, eat dinner, watch a TV show to unwind, and head to bed. To say I’m exhausted would be an understatement! I’m taking Monday and Tuesday off next week for some R&R and to catch up on a few projects around the house (like finally installing our entryway light fixture which we did this morning and planting tulip bulbs) and plan our Halloween costumes. I can’t tell you how excited I am for a mini break! What are you up to this weekend?
- Alright, before we talk about anything else, I need to draw your attention to one of my favorite sales of the year. I finally snagged this wooden beaded bag that I was crushing on a few months ago. ($160 is much more reasonable than $428, right?) New items keep popping up, so be sure to check back throughout the weekend. I’m tempted to add these beauties to my collection, too!
- Speaking of bags, have you perused Coach lately? I still have a weird prejudice against the brand after it was the designer of choice for suburban moms and high school girls. That’s so unfair, isn’t it? Anyway, I found myself browsing the site the other day and fell head-over-heels for this understated little purse. It’s the perfect size for your essentials and looks so polished.
- A list of the best Halloween movies to watch on Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix.
- Before your close up your house or apartment for winter, tackle this cleaning checklist.
- A festive fall cocktail that’s a cinch to make.
- Can you teach good taste?
- You’re not imagining it; dogs do use facial expressions to communicate with you.
- This tiered bell-sleeve top is perfection. I love it in black.
- Turn grocery store flowers into beautiful bouquets.
- Don’t forget to toast your pumpkin seeds after carving pumpkins!
Five Under $50: