And just like that, it’s December! Dave and I are off to Chicago this weekend for the annual Christkindlmarket, which has become our tradition over the past four years to kick off the holiday season. There’s nothing like a warm mug of mulled wine to get you in the holiday spirit, and to encourage you to buy more ornaments that you possibly need! In addition to soaking in the festive atmosphere and tackling some holiday shopping, we have dinner reservations at The Publican (we’ve been meaning to go for years) and are planning to explore Logan Square during their holiday festivities on Saturday. I have to admit that I’m also pretty jazzed that the forecast puts the days’ high temperatures in the low 50s. Sure, brisk weather and snow flurries would add to the holiday scene, but this is the first year I won’t have to bundle up with multiple layers!
- We’re hoping to make a trip to Iceland work next year, and these gorgeously designed Airbnb rentals would make for incredible places to stay!
- The architectural impact an arch can have in your home’s design.
- Grace shares her favorite podcasts. I can vouch for The Daily!
- New Orleans’ Cafe du Monde is one of the most Instagrammed restaurants of 2017. #Guilty
- The best Ikea news from 2017.
- How to fix a broken makeup powder or palette.
- The IRL version of Instagrammers’ homes.
- Nike’s failed attempt to resurrect its vintage Cortez-style shoe and challenge Adidas’ dominance of the old-school market.
- There’s a beer named after Queen Bey.
- Best books to read this winter.
Five Under $50:
- Embroidered mules for $35. They’re best in black.
- A crisp white blouse is a wardrobe staple. I love the loose silhouette of this one that would look great untucked with a pair of jeans.
- These earrings are incredible, aren’t they? Plus you can save 25% with code GIFT25.
- Earmuffs with a plaid headband.
- A sweatshirt that’s more fun than your standard athleisure gear.
Earlier This Week:
- The dress I’m obsessed with.
- November’s sartorial confessions.