May is typically one of my favorite months and this year was no different. I had the opportunity to take a Prius for a spin and explore Madison like a tourist, we had a fun “house crawl” outing with our awesome neighborhood friends who we met less than a year ago, I turned 35, and we visited Austin to celebrate.
Mini Moments (top to bottom, left to right):
- Went for a birthday dip in the pool to cool off from the sweltering Austin heat, and purchased a pair of pink sunglasses to celebrate.
- Spent the afternoon meandering around Madison, which typically includes a stop at the record shop.
- Visited the Texas State Capitol. I know it’s supposed to be an impressive one, but we get spoiled in Madison with our own.
- Stood in line for way too long to get Torchy’s Tacos on Memorial Day, but the queso and the ahi tuna taco more than made up for it.
- Celebrate the start to year 35!
- Found the “Greetings from Austin” mural, even though it was too sunny to take decent photos of ourselves in front of it.
- Picked up flowers from the farmers’ market in Madison.
- Frequented Easy Tiger in Austin. We went every day on our trip, either for coffee and pastries in the morning or for beer and snacks in the evening.
- Sipped on one of my favorite cocktails: the Aviation.
- Paint two more doors, remove the paint from their hardware, and hang.
- Paint the upstairs hallway.
- Order hardware for the upstairs built-in. I’m going to go with these.
- Purchase the remaining three sconces for our living room when we visit Portland at the end of the month.