With the holidays fast approaching and shipping deadlines coming up this week, I realized that I’m done making personal purchases for 2020 and wanted to share this month’s favorites with you on the earlier side!
IN THE WARDROBE
See all of this year’s sartorial additions here.
- H&M long v-neck dress in blue/swan – Truth be told, I had forgotten I ordered this a few weeks ago since it took nearly four weeks to arrive after placing my order! I wanted something that was a bit dressier for WFH days, but was still comfortable and this dress hit the mark. I also love it with slip-on sneakers and chunky jewelry, which is how I intend to wear it come spring. You’ll want to go down a size. I’d normally take a medium in a dress like this, but opted for a small based on the reviews. The material is a bit stretchy and forgiving, and it’s a heavier-weight fabric that seems like it’ll hold up well.
- Cole Haan ZERØGRAND Explore Hiker Boot – I needed a pair of boots that were more practical than my wedge Ugg boots that I wore en route to work with tights and dresses when offices were a thing. (This is the closest I found; mine don’t have hardware.) I snagged these Cole Haan boots during their Black Friday weekend sale. They’re very comfortable and seem well made. I bought my regular size 7, which is good with a pair of thin socks, but might be too tight with anything thicker for an extended period of time. It’ll be alright, though, since the boot itself is thick and well-insulated.
- J.Crew ‘Chateau’ puffer jacket with PrimaLoft in black – I never really loved my old black puffer coat and thought I’d upgrade it this year, knowing that our gatherings with friends will be outside on snowy patios this winter! This one is true to size and I love that it has adjustable, waist-cinching cords to give it some shape. It also has snaps on the side hem if you need a little bit more room in the hips (a plus, since the coat doesn’t have a two-way zipper).
- Tory Burch face masks – I have a set of Tory Burch masks from earlier in the pandemic and they’re my favorite. The size is good, they’re adjustable, and they have a metal insert to fit the mask over your nose. I figured I’d get ready for another pandemic spring and summer with florals.
- Madewell crepe square-neck, puff-sleeve top – This is such a sweet, romantic top! It fits true-to-size and it’s a chic update to your Zoom-call wardrobe.
AROUND THE HOUSE
- Brightech ‘Luna’ floor lamp – Now that it’s winter, our at-home office feels too dim in the late afternoon. The room only has a ceiling light so I had been looking for a floor lamp to supplement it. I had my eye on this lamp from Article, but kept going back and forth because I didn’t want to pay for shipping, and eventually came across this dupe. It took about two weeks to arrive and I absolutely adore it! It’s probably not as well made as the Article one since the stem does come in separate pieces that get screwed together, but it’s beautiful and sturdy. The shade is a frosted glass and while I’d prefer an opal glass, the price point makes up for it!
This post contains affiliate links.