Goodness, I may have been too busy to blog and make an appearance on social media last month, but I certainly made time to shop. I thought I’d continue into 2023 as picky and streamlined about my purchases as I was in January — and it was true for the most part with items that I’m enamored with — but I was definitely less conservative about adding things to my cart.
As I alluded to in this post, we’re also making strides in giving our bedroom a bit of a facelift. I’m not adding those purchases in these roundups and will plan to do a full post once I share photos of the room.
See this year’s sartorial additions here.
- J.Crew cotton voile cover-up – I’m not surprised this striped cover-up is almost sold out. It’s incredibly cute and those green stripes give it vintage Beverly Hills Hotel vibes. I went with a size up for extra room around my hips.
- J.Crew metallic ball earrings – These eye-catching earrings are versatile and lightweight. They’ll definitely be a staple this spring.
- Nike ‘Pegasus’ trail running shoes – We’re going to Denver for a long weekend later this month and are hoping to for nice weather that will allow for a bit of hiking. I felt like my regular Nike sneakers don’t offer enough traction on trails, so I ordered a more practical pair for hikes this year. I went with my regular size.
- Boden tiered dress – Our niece is getting baptized this month and while I’ll be sitting a pew for the duration of it, I still wanted a new day dress with church-appropriate sleeves. (I’m not religious in the slightest and this is the first baptism I’ve been invited to. Let me know if I’m off base with this dress.) I thought this one was just so cheerful with that pretty shade of yellow, and it looks cute with ballet flats as well as sneakers. I can see myself wearing it quite a bit this spring. It ran true to size for the most part — perhaps a little generous, but it’s on sale and a size smaller wasn’t available to try.
- Kate Spade cocktail ring – It’s been awhile since I’ve fallen this hard for a cocktail ring that I just had to have! It’s absolutely stunning in person and I love the variegated sizes of the rhinestones and faux pearls. (I keep a “Splurge” savings account open where I put around $25 per paycheck, so I can pull cash out of that fund whenever something I can’t otherwise justify sweeps me away.)
- Vego raised garden beds in ‘pearl white’ – I’ve toyed with the idea of raised garden beds for a couple of years now and finally took the plunge with a couple of these 2′ x 5′ beds. I had a lot of success with tomatoes and habaneros last year, and I’m eager to expand my little garden this spring!
- Art print by Jess Franks – This print reminds of me vintage paint-by-numbers and I just love the color combination the artist used. I bought this for our half bath, meaning it’s finally time to take and post reveal photos — just a year late!
- Target faux shagreen box – I have a difficult time staying focused when my workspace is messy and this impulse buy was just the thing to corral miscellaneous clutter on my desk at home.
Thanks for visiting! As a reminder, I may earn an affiliate commission if you buy an item through my links. This is at no cost to you. I appreciate your continued support!