When I don’t do these roundups for awhile, they quickly turn into a list of things I recently purchased, things I bought while creating the post, or things I have on my wish list and will probably buy soon enough. Take those Vince sneakers for instance. I have that style in navy and I wear them all of the time. I also have a platform style in that linen fabric. So, when I found the perfect marriage of the two for 44% off, I obviously hit add-to-cart. (They arrive tomorrow.) That sweater? I ordered it as I was creating this post. It’s worth clicking through because it has such a great texture to the knit. And that necklace? It’s a new Jenny Bird piece, so it’s not actually en route to me, but I did buy this one a couple of weeks ago. We can probably just consider this my early spring wish list.
Valentine’s Day is next week and as we inch closer to the romantic holiday, I find myself yearning to wear my heart on my sleeve — or wrist or earlobes as the case may be. However, it can be difficult to find heart-emblazoned items suitable for a 30-something woman that don’t look like they belong in a toddler’s closet. Jenny Bird nailed it this year with earrings that take an organic approach to the heart shape, and I just adore that set of underwear with petite velvet hearts that also comes in pink (bra and panties).
Here are some more heart-print and heart-shape pieces that can be worn throughout the year:
Kim and Scott’s bathroom reveal has me considering green penny tile for our half bath, which I’d like to take on myself this year. We’ll see how far along I get until I need to call in a pro!
Not sure which Democratic candidate to support? The Washington Post created a quiz to see which one agrees with you the most.
Dani recently published a post on how to use Instagram for free at-home workouts.
This leaning floor mirror is so good.
Compostable take-out containers might not be any better for the environment than plastic.
I’m adding spicy-sweet sambal pork noodles to our dinner lineup next week.
If you love following along with old house restoration and design as much as I do, you’ll want to bookmark Manhattan Nest.
Finds under $50:
- I can’t get over how much I love these “fish bone” earrings. The “natural” color is my favorite.
- Soludos’ striped, lace-up flat espadrille sandals are now just $20. (I just ordered them myself!)
- How great would these pillow covers be for a sun room?
- My hair is fine and thin, which makes any scarf-tying attempt slip right out. I think I’m going to give this hair tie a whirl for spring and summer!
- Such a cute dress to pair with sneakers or sandals.
In case you missed it:
- The items I purchased last month.
- A coat I can’t stop obsessing over.
- I might need to pack away fragile items in our house if our adoption application for this guy is approved.
PURCHASED – FOR ME
See all of this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Kate Spade faux fur jacket in gingerbread (also available here) – If this post was any indication, you know how delighted I am by this purchase. My focus for 2020 is to only purchase and keep items that I’m absolutely head-over-heels for and this coat is the perfect example of that. It’s ultra soft, the color has dimension, and is actually really warm. I have narrow shoulders and a small chest, so I was able to size down to a small. (I tend to be between a small and medium in Kate Spade tops.)
- Spanx “The Perfect Black Pant” back-seam skinny pants – I had been searching for a pair of comfortable black dress pants to wear to work and came across these. I love that they’re stretchy and hold everything in smoothly. They hit me right at the ankle, which is my ideal length for wearing with flats. I’m typically a 10 in pants and the large fit the best.
PURCHASED – FOR HOME
- Hearth & Hand faux fig stem – I bought this vase last year and the small opening is perfect for displaying a single branch, which is great for when there’s actual greenery outside. In the meantime, I purchased the faux fig stem from Target. It’s one of their more realistic stems that’s convincing enough from across the room and it adds a nice textural element to the dining table where the vase is displayed right now.
- Target bath mat – I asked my parents for Lands’ End’s Turkish spa towels in pewter for Christmas last year and they delivered. (I highly recommend them if you’re looking for towels! They feel so luxurious and they’re a great price point. You can even order a sample swatch to feel the texture before committing.) I wanted a bath mat to match and came across this one at Target. I love the low pile, which seems like it’ll hold up well. I’ll likely get another one or two because I love it so much.
- West Elm fluted planter – Even in “extra small,” which was the size I bought, this planter is on the larger size — which is a great value for the money. I love the fluted shape that adds interest to an otherwise basic white planter. It ended up being too large for the pilea I wanted to use, but I’m keeping it for the next plant I bring home.
- “Windfall” print by Kelly Money – I’m a sucker for a moody seascape or landscape and fell for this print. I bought the small 8-inch square print with the black metal frame. I’m not quite sure where it’ll go just yet, though!