This month’s roundup includes a few more outdoorsy items than I’d normally purchase and for a very good reason: we’re going to Switzerland next month! I can’t begin to share how excited I am about our Alpine adventure; everything looks like it was plucked right from a storybook.
See this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Muyan waterdrop earrings – For a pair of designer dupes, these aren’t bad. Definitely worth the price for a cheap thrill.
- Athleta seasoft hoodie – The fabric on this has a unique hand feel. I wouldn’t say it’s slippery, but kind of? In any case, the texture and weight make it drape nicely. I went with my typical size medium.
- Pomander Place “Kenzo” dress – I feel like I haven’t quite found my style again since the pandemic ended. I think that has a lot to do with working from home almost exclusively. I don’t often wear dresses anymore and it’s not for lack of interest. It’s really just a lack of human interaction motivating me to dress up! I ended up purchasing this dress to wear with ballet flats for a daytime work event and it’s really quite cute! It runs true to size and the cut is forgiving without overwhelming your frame.
- Boden “Edie” fair isle sweater – I just adore this sweater! I wanted a more colorful sweater than what I currently have in my closet and I fell for the retro-inspired vibe of this one from Boden. It fits true to size, but it’s on the slimmer side. Go up a size if you prefer your sweaters to be roomier.
- Eddie Bauer stowaway packable backpack – This is not the most thrilling purchase of the month, but it’s practical. I needed a packable backpack to bring to Switzerland that will fit my daytime essentials on hikes. This easily fits a puffer jacket, DSLR camera, water bottle, and sweatshirt with room to spare.
- Danner trail 2650 hiking shoe – I was so optimistic about the Nike trail runners I bought at the beginning of the year, but they cut into the back of my ankles no matter how much I try to break them in. That’s just not going to work for our trip and I opted to buy a pair of hiking shoes from an actual outdoor brand, Danner. These are incredible comfortable with plenty of traction for hikes. (I’ve been testing them out on the weekends.) I’d love to buy the classic Danner boots with the red laces eventually, but I didn’t want to lug those around on this year’s trip!
- Schoolhouse “Bond” lamp – Finally! New bedroom lamps! When we moved into our house six years ago, we bought a pair of inexpensive lamps from Target. The scale was always too small next to a king-size bed, but it was never a priority to replace them until we upgraded our bedframe and knew what direction stylistically we’d be going in. I had pinned the Schoolhouse lamp on my Pinterest board over a year ago, but kept shopping because they aren’t cheap and I wanted to make sure that they really were “the ones” before committing. After Photoshopping different lamps into my mood board, I found myself going back to these over and over again. We waited until a Schoolhouse sale before placing the order and, as expected, they’re perfect. (I’ve mentioned this before, but we have a shared savings account for home-related expenses. The money is already earmarked for a house expense, which makes a purchase like this feel less financially daunting.)
Thanks for visiting! As a reminder, I may earn an affiliate commission if you buy an item through my links. This is at no cost to you. I appreciate your continued support!